Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Health Kick of the Century

This is a red letter week in Katie's world.

Yes, this is the week that Katie quits smoking without hormonal assistance.

See, the only time thus far that I've been able to (semi) successfully quit has been due to pregnancy. Not only was quitting basically an ethical and moral obligation, but cigarettes also kind of made me want to puke. Now, though? It's all willpower, baby. It's been a week, and aside from Sunday night, when Tim's old friend came to visit from Burlington and we indulged in fire water and devil tabbacy, we've both done just fine, thanks.

So what inspired all of this healthy mayhem?

Last week, Tim's dad treated us to a proper family-style vacation. To be clear, this place is gaaawwwgeous, and very staid; that is, no drinking (there's no bar in the hotel), lots of older folks and young families, lots of wasps on vacation from NYC, and so on. The entertainment is good old fashioned outside playtime, and we took ample advantage of the rock climbing, hiking, canoes, paddleboats... you get the idea.

Anyway, long story short, by the time we got home we'd both cut down to minimal nicotine consumption, and we both had that great, sore, exercisey feeling you get when you use muscles you forget you had. I, for one, felt all cut & meaty & ferocious. Mmmmmm.

This inspired "Health Kick of the Century!". We hauled ass down to Paragon Sports and I bought these for only $40. Hot damn, I'm gonna be cut & lovely and I also know how to save a shit load of money. Yeah, thassright. So, when I win the marathon next year, don't forget I told ya so.

3 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Erinna said...

Ah, Katie...good luck in your quest! Glad to see you blogging!

-Erin

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Thank you, Erin! It's fun. I clearly have plenty to learn, but I think once I get past my technology-block, it'll be okay!
Also, I should be thanking YOU for the blogger account -- wasn't it you who created the monster known as Jen(nifer)? ;)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Jen(nifer) said...

Uh, you have the technology thing DOWN...

Meaty? Hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home