Sunday, August 22, 2004

Shout Outs (or, to be more honest, Big Bad Blog Envy) Or, Six Degrees of Katination, Non-Famous Edition

I harbor great admiration for many a blogger. They're all in that obnoxiously long list to the right. Seriously, every person I've linked has one thing or another that drew me to their site and kept me reading.

However, this post is not for all of them. This post is for the elite.

The first props must go to those that started me on this silly blogoventure.

Jen single handedly forced me into the blogosphere.

Jen (a former "social chair", whatever that is, for her sorority [ackk! I've always been anti-sorority, despite Jen's propensity thereof]) has many a blogging friend and family. As follows:

Tim (no, not that Tim.) Lil brother extraordinaire. I actually had a crush on him, for about a minute, in high school. He's a chiropracter now, and witty as hell when he occassionally posts, and married. To:

Dayna. I've never met her, but her blog is sweet (in the good, not the stoner, sense), and she sounds like a marketing goddess.

Friends:

Erin... who introduced Jen to this whole game. A writer, smart, and sweetly sentimental.

Stephanie: a lawyer, these days. Cool as hell. Jen says she's like me (I dig her blog, if that's any indication) except she's successful.


Then, MY friend, Andrew. He handcodes his site, he's supercool, and he got on to this whole blog thing just a minute before I did.

In addition, I've gotta include a couple of strangers (that Andrew linked to) who made me enamored of blogs before I had one of my own:

Blind Cavefish

I am Therefore I Date (aka Dating is Hell)

Experiment in Anonymity

Bluish Orange. Super design, compelling archived back-story. She's like a movie, but better. She's also currently in Ecuador, and thus not updating regularly, but this will come with time.

These are the friends and degrees of friends. More to follow.

P.S. Jen is a link whore. Appease her or risk her bizarre Republican wrath.

8 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Erinna said...

Sweetly sentimental? Is that a good thing? ;)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Dayna said...

WOW - thanks for the linkage - glad you enjoy the reading! Such nice comments!!

Loving the readings here - my fav so far was the where were you during last years power outage. I love reading about people brave enough to move to the big NYC! I will live vicariously through your stories!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Erin, YES! That's a good thing.

Dayna, happy to oblige! I especially like qwhen you post pictures of the good things you've cooked.

Why is it people think that New York requires bravery? I've heard that a lot in the last couple of years. Hmmm. Maybe I'll write about that soon.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Eden said...

Bwah! I love this post (esp the last line)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Eden,

I KNEW there was a reason I liked you. Oh, and the dog walking circus thing made me snort coffee on my moniter, so, uh, you owe me a new moniter now. Just sayin'.

 
At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://mwchcvtq.com/zvgs/ymeq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vxsnubjt.com/uemf/xmub.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://mwchcvtq.com/zvgs/ymeq.html | http://bjmlqmeu.com/krgb/klmu.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home