Monday, August 23, 2004

Six Degrees of Blogination (part deux)

The MASTERS, those that I emulate, land here. They are all, to the letter, much better (and usually funnier) writers than I. They also (mostly) know a little bit about how to design a decent website. They don't need no stinkin' "HTML for Dummies"! (I don't know no stinkin' html. But you knew that. Why else do you think I'm based with the "crackhouse" blogspot? You tell me.)

Strangely enough, a lot of them happen to be parents, too. But they're not all about that. (In the sense that they're not ALL about that, but those that are, aren't all about that, either.)

Da Queen:

Dooce. As I've said before, you know her, you love her. She's also an ex-mormon (just like me! Awww, shucks...)

Da rest:

Fussy. More html knowledge envy. Plus, 2 year olds spouting swear words like "Fuck you, mom!"

Smitten. Not mommy oriented - which is not, I repeat, not a criterion - but well designed and well written.

Green Fairy. Oh so funny! Fresh from the UK.

Finslippy. Anybody who can make a post just to use the word "Monkeyshines" makes it in my book.

Love junky. Also fresh from the UK, but with lovely photographs and excellent writing.

Da Honorable Mentions: (cause, you know, everybody cares what I think...)

A Girl Named Bob. She so funny.

Tequila Mockingbird. Everyone links to her, too, with good reason.

Texas T-Bone. A daddy blog.

Citypop. This guy never updates, but it's pretty & his stories are hilarioulsy touching.

Chookooloonks. Another mommy blog, albeit in the blogger format. Funny & enlightening.

Laid Off Dad. Again, the parenting thing. It's (parenting, that is) pretty good for amusing anecdotes.

The Underwear Drawer. She's great overall (kinda ER, but non-dorky) but her 9/11 posts (most made way after the fact - first anniversary) are incredible.


So, uh, that's it off the top of my head. As I said, everybody in my blogroll is pretty cool for some reason or another. And I've probably overlooked a lot of people. So, uh, don't hate me, okay? Okay. Ya'll come back now, ya hear!

6 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Dude -- thanks for the shout-out. Anyone whose aspiration is to be the evil genius controlling the beautiful people easily earns the title of my personal she-ro. High praise coming from you, my sister.

Thanks!

Karen
http://chookooloonks.typepad.com

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Jen(nifer) said...

Who KNEW I could inspire such a monster of blog love? ; )

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting blog. Enjoyed reading it.

Sincerely,

Joseph Smith Jr.
mormonites
http://www.whatismormonism.com

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://cmvfhhrn.com/bzuj/tedi.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://lxzaouff.com/cbfd/ifvd.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://cmvfhhrn.com/bzuj/tedi.html | http://ekujuucg.com/greo/qcct.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home