Thursday, August 12, 2004

Starbucks Booby Update

Here is the update on a story that caused quite a ruckus among the rabid boob advocate crowd over on All Things Jen (You'll have to scroll down quite aways, to the title "Fight For Your Right to Latte". Ms. Jen is nothing if not prolific.) Apparently, a "Boob-In" has been staged, the VP of the company has personally apologized, and chastised the Baltimore outpost for not following a local boob-defending statute.

So, just as a devil's advocate, I defended the Starbucks guy who made the admittedly stupid call to ask a nursing mother to cover herself. DAMN! I've never seen more feisty feedback to my feedback. You people are serious about the naked boob advocacy! I was asked by one feisty commenter whether I have kids. Yes, actually, and I breastfed him. But I just never got so worked up about it. I also probably wouldn't have felt comfortable being so public about it, but hey, that's my problem, not anyone else's. I don't care, squirt milk at me if it makes you feel better. But just calm the f*** down, already.

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Todd said...

It's Texas T-bone here. I totally agree with you.

When my wife was breast-feeding our wee one she had a tentlike slingthing for public milkfests. She only used it a couple of times (cumbersome little thing). As much as I love and enjoy women's (ur, just one woman's) breasts, it is inappropriate and rude to breastfeed in public in plain sight. Have some dignity! Isn't motherhood full of enough embarrassing moments? Mothers can be proud of their kids, their t*ts, the fact their breastfeeding, etc. But have respect for yourself and others!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Robert said...

Let the coffeeshop say "amen." It's hard enough to start the day without having to face militant boobs before I've had my coffee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home