Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Testing, testing...

Hmmmm.

First off, many thanks to the illustrious Jen(nifer) (of All Things). Without your enthusiastic prodding, I wouldn't be blogging along today (we'll see whether the world thanks or curses you. Ahem.) I still don't know what the hell I'm doing, but hey, what's life without a few new challenges?

For the moment, I'm just gonna play. Eventually (I presume) I'll figure out how to link, make stuff pretty, etc., but that day ain't today.

A bit o' background:

I have a fabulous 8 year old, heretofore known as red-headed-love-child. Said child recently spilled qwater on our keyboard, and noqw it is impossible to type a 'qw' qwithout a 'q' before it, or a '12' qwithout a '1' before it. So, if I qwrite a lot of qweird qwqwqwqw things, don't blame me. I'm not retarded, just too poor to buy a neqw keyboard today.

The 8 year old has a dad, heretofore known as the red-headed wonder. (Disclaimer: all nicknames subject to change, as their stupidity sinks into the author's consciousness). He's great, and our story together is long and bizarre.

Our picture of domestic bliss is made complete by Max the wonderdog, a shelter husky mix. We love him, even when he chews our things and pees on the floor. Bad, bad Max.

I hail from the same tiny college village as Jen, Fredonia, New York. While Jen has morphed into a cheerleader for the entire Western New York region, I couldn't run away fast enough. In the past five years I've lived in Athens, GA (home of the B-52s, REM, and Uga the Georgia Bulldog); St. Louis, MO; San Antonio, TX; and now call the Bronx home. THAT'S RIGHT, THE FRIGGIN BRONX! Not Riverdale, not the scary South Bronx, but the bucolic, working class Pelham Bay. It's nice, and I don't feel like a sucker for coughing up $3,000 bucks a month to try and live on the Lower East Side.

Test complete. Oh, yeah, my first poll: is the name "serial blogonomy" extremely stupid?! It's a joke, you know! It's funny! Oh, wait -- you don't have to explain things that are funny... Maybe I should have a contest: "Name My Blog!" You won't win fame or fortune, or eve notoriety. Just the satisfaction of helping a poor, no name havin' blog...

5 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's funny, but then again, I get the reference...

Ursus
www.standingbear.org

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Awww, but that's because you're too nice to say if it's stupid! I demand brutal honesty!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Jen(nifer) said...

I love the name!

No blog contest for you!
Oh, and I still can't get the bicycle shorts out of my head...I know, I know...

That was a bad, bad summer...
And I am not truly old yet, because as old people say "That was the summer of (enter year here 19XX?)"

The fact that I had to count backwards on my hands means 1. I am bad at math. and 2. I lost brain cells that summer, for the first and ONLY time in my life.

Carry on my wayward sons...

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Silly, silly girl... they were denim, not spandex, and short like the Village People. God knows, I still rag on him about it -- as does anyone else unlucky enough to have witnessed the spectacle. Egad! Ten years is a long, long time, and I'm sure we've both been happily killing brain cells the entire time.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger jenny said...

LOVE the blog name - do NOT change it - it's hilarious! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. And thanks much for the props on my blog - right back at ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home