Monday, August 02, 2004

WELCOME HOME KATIE!

Well, well...Katie has a blog. Now what WILL she do with it?

Evil purposes?
Or Good?

Only time will tell...

PLEASE leave comments encouraging the new blogger...

Katie is the brilliant and yet-somewhat insane best friend from long, long time ago.

She thought my car was funny.

I made fun of her fluffy hair. And admired her gorgeous Alto II (real woman voice!)
We fell for the same boy in art class, who had his wedding announcement to his husband posted in the New York Times a few years ago.

She was my partner in crime. I made her drink caffeine and stay out on the Sabbath.
She made me look at pictures from Madonna's Sex Book (when the born-again christian boyfriend wasn't around)

Ah, good times.
And I shall not even get into the crazy summer...the summer of looooove. And other things. : )
I was the virginal, alcoholic, sorority girl.
Katie spawned a red-headed genius love child.

And now, Ms. Katie lives with said child and spawner, and is a member of..of...the?
What has our world come to? : )

Welcome to our world Katie...if I'm going down, you surely are going with me...

6 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Jen(nifer) said...

Wow Katie. Those are great links I added to your first post! : )

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for evil... but in a good way.

Urus
www.standingbear.org

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

I had to laugh when I read the PTA reference. It's just a reminder that all of us are getting old.

MY DAUGHTER: When we go to Best Buy, I want to use my money to buy a CD.
ME: What CD.
MY DAUGHTER: Hoobastank.
ME: Hoobastank? What's a Hoobastank?

Eventually we will all become our GRANDparents...

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey, thanks for the support, everybody!

Ontario Emperor, I feel your pain. My son came home from school one day last spring asking for an Aaron Carter CD. At first, I didn't realize who Aaron Carter was, and then I figured out that he was one of those big cheese-ass teeny bopper guys, like Nsync or something. Not one to disparage my child's tastes, however, I asked why he would like that particular artist. "Well, (other-school-friend)told me he's a supercool guy." Hmm. In the child's defense, he also kind of likes the Velvet Underground. Except it's hard to explain heroin references to an eight year old. :)

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Jen(nifer) said...

Katie...Little K is destined to be a Hillary Duff-Aaron Carter loving REPBUBLICAN...just face the facts now...perhaps if I blog live from Brooklyn in a few weeks little K can offer his insightful commentary?

I AM SO EXCITED THAT YOU HAVE A BLOG!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!
What does Mr. K think about this?

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

Waiting for a new post! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home