Saturday, August 28, 2004

Yo, G, it's a G-Mail Extravaganza!

Are you down with the G-Mail?

I be g-mailin'. And the g's at g-mail want me to share the love.

You probably already know that it's experimental Google email, and that you have to be invited, and that you can store & search all of your messages. You probably also know about the privacy concerns - the focused marketing and so on. That said, I really really love all of the extra storage space, but I'm pissed there's no rich text function (not so good for resumes and such, but hey, I'm self employed now, right?)

I'm not a tech type; about all that I know about the care and feeding of my computer is how to hit shiny buttons like "publish". If you are, go ahead and leave your rants and or raves in the comment section.

So, the POINT of all of this -

I've got six g-mail invites. Anybody want one? Email or comment. If it turns out that more than six people want to be g-mailin', I'll probably just invite those that made me laugh the most. Or if I actually know you. Which may or may not be the same thing.

6 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Is the added storage and search feature the extent of the attraction? Wondering if that's enough of a draw for me to switch addresses. (I like things way simple.)

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Gladys Cortez said...

Yahoo mail now offers some grotesque amount of storage as well, though I don't think it's free. Would I rather pay and not authorize the g-mail spam? Yeah, pretty much. That said, though--there are gazillions of people who want G-mail. In fact, chicagofreecycle.com had to specifically ban requests for g-mail accounts...You shouldn't have too hard of a time finding them a home.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Just to clarify - it's not exactly spam, just an ad next to your message (a lot like google ads on some blogs). They're pretty easy to ignore.

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Jen(nifer) said...

Damn girl...you have people commenting on your blog from everywhere! I am so proud of you ; )

I already have 4 gmail accounts of my own, hmmm. what could I do with another one?

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger rusty said...

I have six invites if anyone wants one. There seems to have been a flood of them this month.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger delightfully-unique said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
I hope you can look through my cash advance america blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home