Friday, September 03, 2004

He Shoots... He SCORES! Bush Wins in a Tie Breaking Last Minute Save!

I promised not to write any more about the convention. I PROMISED. And, well, you should probably know that I promise a lot of things. At least I always mean it at the time. But last night, that slippery ol' Dubya opened his mouth and poor little politically addicted masochist Katie just had to listen. Gah.

May I start by reiterating how much I dislike George W. Bush? He's baaaad, real bad, either in an "I'm not fit too rule because I'm so damn clueless way" or in an "I believe you're so clueless you'll buy my stupid-act while I destroy decades of progressive reforms and diplomacy. Ha ha on you" kind of way. I think it's more likely the second.

No, no, I don't really think he's evil - but I think he's almost always wrong! AArgh!

Which is why it's remarkable that, I, Katie, queen of the Bush haters, got all misty eyed before the damn speech even started. During the part of the montage when they showed him throwing the first pitch at the 2001 World Series & Jeter tells him "In New York, you pitch from the mound" and America keeps pitching and blah, blah, blah... I'm a pathetic tear-jerk susceptible sucker.

Oh, and maybe I'll vote for him? 'Cause he said everyone's going to get a new house and free college and free training for a fabulous new career? Oh, and permanent tax cuts too? Yay, now we can all enjoy the benefits of democracy just like they are in Afghanistan and Iraq right now! I love you, W!*

(* a.k.a. sarcasm)

Of course, there's lots more disturbing, disingenuous, borderline lies that really perturbed me. (I know, I know, I promised not to go into it...) I'll probably post a diatribe on those later this afternoon. But not quite yet. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home