Sunday, September 05, 2004

Luc, ya Stinkin Frog... (I'm Part French, So it's Still P.C. for Me to Say That)

I just finished watching The Professional on Bravo and remembered why it's one of my favorite movies.

Young Natalie Portman? Dear God.

Gary Oldman? Yeah, any time you get tired of Isabella Rosellini (or, are you tired of her already? Hmmm?) just give me a call.

And that next to last scene, when Jean Reno takes one in the back from Gary? For Natalie? And shoots him in the face and says "This... is for... Matilda..." Awww, man. It almost makes the weird unacknowledged pedophilia aspect worthwhile. Sweet, even. But hey, that's Luc Besson.

2 Comments:

At 2:51 AM, Blogger Brooks said...

Natalie Portman. I even loved her appearance on Sesame Street.
Brooks Blog

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Robert said...

I had never seen it until about two months ago. My movie friend lent me his copy and I watched it during a really slow day at the store. It was eye-opening. I couldn't believe I had never seen it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home