Friday, September 17, 2004

So Anyway...

This is kind of old news, I guess. But over at Eden's place, back around Sept. 8, there was a stir which resulted in a "Don't respond to my political opinions in my comment section - keep it in yer blog" policy. Now, I say Eden can do whatever she damn well pleases with her space; that's why I'm talking about it here, not there (and I must add that if you're NOT reading So Anyway, you should. Because I told you so.)

The post:


Vote for W or people will DIE!

"It's absolutely essential that eight weeks from today, on Nov. 2, we make the right choice, because if we make the wrong choice then the danger is that we'll get hit again and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States." - Vice President Dick Cheney

Jee-zoos Christ.

Can someone please explain to me how W is ahead in these polls? Who are they polling? I hear people talking out in public and they hate W. I read blogs and people hate W (except for Jen). Where are these ignorant asshats who say they're planning to vote for a drug addict perjurer elitist?

Let's put the Vietnam issue to bed already. Anyone who was in the shit (Kerry, McCain) has every right to talk about who was & wasn't there and what they did. Anyone who wasn't in the shit (W, Cheney, etc.) should be ignored. Period. Besides, was this not 30 years ago? Bush's drunk driving arrest was more recent than that and no one likes to bring that up in a character debate.

Speaking of which, when are the debates? I can't wait to see W try and string together a sentence.


Well, definitely partisan, definitely full of piss & vinegar, but since when did THAT put anybody's panties in a twist? Um, Kids? It's a BLOG. Expect unqualified opinion, 'kay?

What really got me - and , apparently, Eden - was this comment by one Renee.

Re: Kerry and Vietnam - he's the one who keeps bringing it up. W has noted that Kerry was a reservist who happened to get called up and went where he was told. Good for him. It's a dead issue except to Sen. John "Reporting for Duty" Kerry.

The reason certain people (myself included, duh) think that Bush keeps us safer is that it's a known fact that most Dems including Kerry don't really think anything else will happen. If we let our guard down, it will. Bush won't let his guard down. Simple as that. I honestly don't think that you think anything else will happen. If you did, you most certainly wouldn't have the Bert and Ernie scale. It's not a joke. Please remember that on Saturday.

As for the debates, I personally thought W kicked Gore's boo-tay last go 'round (anyone remember that ridiculous "lock box" that wouldn't go away? VP Gore, what day is it? Lock box!!!). Leftist media saw it differently, of course. I expect to see the same results this time.



Renee, you are entitled to your opinion, like every other red blooded American. But for God's sake, woman! Do you honestly believe that "it's a known fact that most Dems including Kerry don't really think anything else will happen" ? Wha? WHO put that particular lump of shit into your pretty little head? I think a lot of Democrats (and others) oppose Bush precisely because he hasn't kept the defenses up in ways that matter (uh, Bin Laden, anyone?). You seem to be speaking in that doublespeak favored by uncritical Bush supporters: Iraq makes us safer. Diplomacy is bad. Terrorists hate freedom. Democrats are pussies. The economy is good.

And the rest: "I honestly don't think that you think anything else will happen. If you did, you most certainly wouldn't have the Bert and Ernie scale. It's not a joke. Please remember that on Saturday." (This was posted on 9/8; Saturday was the third anniversary of 9/11.)

Sweety, how, exactly, does mocking Tom "If it's yellow, it must be Tuesday!" Ridge's pathetic excuse for results translate to making a joke of 9/11? It's the Bush administration's handling of post 9/11 policy that's a joke, in my view. Probably Eden's, too, not to mention the hundreds of people besides she & I that overuse that particular button. I think it's called satire. Try it, you'll like it. Yarg.

Oh, and since it's Eden love fest day, I had to also include this rockin' "What kind of freaky mama are you?" quiz that she found. Cause we're both freaky mamas. And I looove me some crazy Generation X parents that make me feel like I'm not such a freak, afterall. Eden was a Power Puff mama. I'm....


Activist Mama
You're an agitator! Your kids have grown up on the
front lines of rallies and pickets, and chances
are that you boycott at least one company for
its bad business practices. Your kids are
learning what matters to you and how they can
change what matters to them.


What kind of a freaky mother are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Disturbingly accurate, no?

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Paula said...

I'm a GOTH MAMA? LOL! Fun quiz, Katie, thanks.

 
At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://znotkgzq.com/ucjw/ocrw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://cicihguw.com/wvco/tmfk.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://znotkgzq.com/ucjw/ocrw.html | http://lpydzemr.com/bhpo/yeck.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home