Friday, October 22, 2004

ALL CAPS DAY?

TONY PIERCE SAID THAT TODAY IS "ALL CAPS DAY". HMMM. WHY NOT? WHO AM I TO QUESTION THE BUSBLOG?

SO, I'M DONE WITH MY OBNOXIOUS BASEBALL STREAK. AND STILL HAPPY AS A CLAM. I AM, OF COURSE, STILL ROOTING FOR THE SOX FOR THE SERIES, BUT I'M NOT NEARLY AS EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN CRUSHING THE CARDINALS AS I WAS IN CRUSHING THE YANKS.

MY DAD'S COMING TO TOWN THIS WEEK. HE'S BEEN SURREPTITIOUSLY COMMENTING ON OLD POSTS LATELY. I REMEMBER, BACK WHEN THE BLOG FIRST STARTED, THAT PARENTAL READERSHIP KIND OF FREAKED ME OUT WHEN I WANTED TO WRITE ABOUT, UM, SHALL WE SAY, CONTROVERSIAL TOPICS. NOW, THOUGH? I'M RELATIVELY IMMUNE. WELCOME TO NYC, DAD, YOU BIG EX-MORMON GAY BADASS!

SPEAKING OF BIG GAY DADS, JOHN FROM BLURBOMAT (YOU KNOW - HEATHER'S HOT HUSBAND) POSTED A NIFTY DEFENSE OF GAY MARRIAGE TODAY. YOU SHOULD CHECK IT OUT, NOT ONLY FOR THE POST ITSELF, BUT ALSO FOR THE HUNDRED SOME-ODD INTRIGUING COMMENTS. GOOD TO KNOW BLOGGERS HAVE BRAINS, EVEN WHEN THEY DISAGREE.

FOR MY PART, YEAH, I SUPPORT IT. I SAY THIS KNOWING THAT RELIGIOUS FOLKS ARE OFTEN EXTREMELY PUT OFF BY SUCH AN IDEA, EVEN IF THEY HAPPEN TO BE SOME OF THE MOST TOLERANT INDIVIDUALS AROUND. THE THING IS, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT MARRIAGE LAW. THE STATE RECOGNIZED CONTRACT IS WHAT'S AT STAKE, NOT THE FOUNDATION OF EVERY RELIGION THAT SAYS HOMOS ARE BAD. THOSE CHURCHES THAT DON'T SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGES WON'T HAVE TO PERFORM THEM - IT'S NOT AN ISSUE. THEY NEVER WOULD HAVE HAD TO. LEGAL GAY MARRIAGE WOULD SIMPLY ALLOW SAME SEX COUPLES TO GO TO THE LOCAL JUDGE AND GET HITCHED LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. HOW THE HELL IS THAT BAD? IT'S NOT AS IF SOME GAY POLICE ARE GOING TO COME AROUND AND CHASTISE YOU FOR BEING HETEROSEXUAL, OR EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN, OR RACIST... OKAY, OKAY, THE CONNECTIONS ARE NOT SO WELL ARTICULATED. BUT I CAN'T HELP COMPARING THE RUCKUS TO THAT OVER INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE BACK IN THE DAY. THERE ARE STILL FOLKS AROUND NOW (I HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF HAVING ONE AS A NEIGHBOR LAST SUMMER, SHUDDER) WHO STILL THINK EVEN THAT'S TABOO. TIMES CHANGE. GET OVER IT.

RIGHT. HAPPY ALL-CAPS DAY.

6 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger Brooks said...

HURRAAYYY! FOR CAPS LOCK DAY! GO SOX! GO GAT MARRIAGE! GO BUSBLOG! GO KATIE!
BROOKS BLOG

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Shtreimel said...

OMG a Sox fan from the Bronx, well what could i say, hope they lose the world series in the same fashion that they won the ALCS.
Good luck to your blog.
Shtreimel

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Adam said...

THE SOX WON THE FIRST GAME, THOUGH I AM MOSTLY INDIFFERENT, FOR SOME REASON THIS RINGS WELL IN MY SOUL. I SAW ALL THOSE RED SOX BANNERS ON TV AND I REMEMBERED MY OLD RED SOX JACKET FROM WHEN I WAS 2.. NEW ENGLAND BRAINWASHING, I GET IT.

THE WHOLE GAY-MARRIAGE ISSUE KINDA BUGS ME, IT SHOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE. THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE ARE OPPOSED TO IT IS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO CONTROL WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO IN THEIR LIVES, HAVING GAY PEOPLE LEGALLY MARRY EACHOTHER HAS NO TANGIBLE OR DIRECT EFFECT ON RIGHT-WING CHRISTIANS AND WHAT THEY DO WITH THEIRS. THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WAVE THEIR FLAGS AND TALK ABOUT AMERICAN FREEDOMS. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE ME A REASON TO SYMPATHIZE WITH PSYCHOTIC COMMUNIST STATES WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER. LOL.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Me said...

"BUT I'M NOT NEARLY AS EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN CRUSHING THE CARDINALS AS I WAS IN CRUSHING THE YANKS."


AMEN!!!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Joseph Smith, Jr. said...

Interesting blog. Enjoyed reading it.

Sincerely,

Joseph Smith Jr.
book of mormon geography
http://www.whatismormonism.com

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger ohio-slammer said...

Super blog. I enjoyed the site and when I have the
time, shall visit the site again. Finding blogs this
good on the internet.
I hope you can look through my cash advance seattle blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home