Tuesday, October 19, 2004

More Love

David Ortiz, you are my new boyfriend.

A really alert reader pointed out in the comments to the last post that I live in New York, yet cheer for the Red Sox. What insane irony! Well, here's the deal:

1. I hate the Yankees. A lot of people hate the Yankees. I cheer for the Sox not because I love them, but because I hate the Yankees. This resembles my political reasoning - I vote for Kerry not because I really really love him, but because he looks soooo good next to that asshat G. W. Bush. (Oh, did you read the New York Times Magazine article? Good stuff.)

2. I hate the Yankees because I really DO like one of their other (many) longtime rivals, the Mets. Even though the Mets suck. This reveals a lot about me, no? Masochism for everyone!

3. My dear sainted Grandma (who's actually Canadian, so shouldn't she like the Blue Jays or the Expos or something?) never, ever misses a Sox game, spending every temperate evening of the Maine summer patiently knitting, cursing about George Steinbrenner, and worshipping at the alter of Johnny Damon. Just kidding about that last part. Better start hitting, longhair.

4. The other side - the "in-laws, or not"- also has some New England going on. I get brownie points for liking the Sox.

Two more, kids, two more!

12 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger homercat said...

I too hate the Yankees and I'm thinking how great a Houston, Boston World Series would be. Go Sox.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Esther Kustanowitz said...

Masochism for me too on #2. We're all Mets fans in our family. I've always thought the Yankees were too sure of themselves. And I don't trust that.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Me said...

I wanna see history!!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Lovedonnaz - What? No, baby. Cards Red Sox.

Esther - yay for masochists! Didn't they look great before the All Star break? Damned Wilpons. OH, and damn injuries, too.

Estephania - yes.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Grandpere said...

Way to take those Yankee fans on, Katie! Your dad (who now lives near Buffalo NY, all the rest of you guys) is proud of you! Go SOX.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Stupid baseball, the only reason it exists is so the Red Sox can lose all the time, it turns me into a sick, filthy, raving lunatic. Well, not really.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger jeremiah said...

u said that kerry looked good than Bush...um well im a kerry voter too but in fairness kerry looked like he worked in a morgue factory!!! The old guy needs some BOTOX, and I mean major BOTOX LOL!!!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Jeremiah,
DID I say Kerry looked good? I don't know, and I'm not lookin' back. But I never THOUGHT Kerry looked good. In truth, I think Bush LOOKS a lot better. But that's not what I'm voting on (thank god...) let's give the rest of the country so much credit, shall we? Kennedy v. Nixon aside, who DOES vote basesd on looks? Assholes, mainly. :)

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Oh, I DID say he looked good! But I didn't mean it in a physical way. I meant it in a POLICY way.

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it just me, or do you find ironic that the google ads are for derek jeter merchandise?

and seriously, how HOT is johnny damon?! i'm a red sox fan just for him!
-little

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger copygodd said...

"asshat" is a cool word. i think i'll use it sometime.

go tribe!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger limosuine said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
Everyday of the month you need to peep my fast cash advance loan blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home