Sunday, October 10, 2004

SPORTS! Jets 16 (4-0) - Bills 14 (0-4)

Photo finish madness! Last minute game winning field goals! Yow!

Back in the day, back when the Bills lost four Superbowls in a row, I lived in Buffalo and the Bills were my hometown team. I couldn't have given a shit about football.

These days, I'm with a stereotypical male, a male who loves his Mets and his Jets and his Rangers. (He doesn't care all that much about basketball. But, given a choice, he'll cheer for the Red Sox or the Bills or the Patriots or the Sabres or the Canadiennes. He's equal opportunity. I, however, am partisan.) He's made a monster. I am Jets girl.

And I could care less that my hometown team just lost. Fuck 'em. The Jets are my football-love home town.

(Oh, did I mention that I'm hoping for a Sox - Yankees playoff? Only so the Yankees can succumb to their short sighted and horrible pitching lineup, and die in humiliation in the face of the Sox. I dig the Mets. The enemey of my enemy is my friend, and so forth. Not to mention that a Sox win would make my 86 year old New England Grandma very, very happy. Fuck you, Yankees.)

3 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Me said...

As long as the Red Sox don't fall victim to the curse, they should have no problem with the Yankees - they are the much better team.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Curse? WHAT Curse? We former Philosophy major sports fans don't believe in curses, do we? Not me, anyway. for shame, Stephanie!

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Brooks said...

I'm assuming these are, like, sports teams or something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home