Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Giving Thanks

I've only met Sean Zigmund once.

I'm confident that I'll meet him again; he is, after all, one of Tim's best, oldest friends. You should hear how he talks about that guy. The one time I met him was marked by humility (he let us know our horrible, embarrassing pile of laundry was human, and, *gasp* common!) and good company. Hell, he even did the dishes after dinner! Most of our guests don't do that. That's okay, we love them anyway. He's who I want to be when I grow up - he's got a great job (computer guru) with a progressive conscience (he farms for an organic co-op) and lives in my dream hometown, Burlington, VT.

Better yet, all of this goodness was confirmed about a month ago when Sean called Tim and told him he was donating a kidney to his uncle Eliot.

The surgery happened about a week ago. All is well with both donor and recipient.

AND, Sean blogged the experience.

If you want to know anything at all about kidney donation, check out Zigmuna's Blog.

Actually, Sean seems to be moving on to other topics as well... all ye liberals, take note. Smart, generous, wonderful man.

I've been thinking about Sean a lot in the month since he called with the news. I've asked myself, would I do that? Would most people? Probably not. That's why I've been reading up, picking the brain of the guy that would. You should, too.

In other news:

My brother Adam is here. Which rocks. And we're going to Maine for a few days - which could maybe rock, except it's with my psychotic extended family - I think we once called it family hell? - but it's not so hellish as just, well, tedious and depressing these days. I may update from there. You've been warned.

2 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean Zigmund? He's not who he pretends to be.
He abused me for two years. I have proof: http://www.youarenotcrazy.com
He'll do it again, I'm sure of it, just keep telling him how great he is because he does endless favors for everyone .... perhaps you'll believe me when his next girlfriend ends up dead.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger so-sorry said...

Great blog. I'm always finding blog like yours. It
got my attention and I will go to the site again!
Click on my cash advance no credit check blog before its to late.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home