Friday, December 24, 2004

Fa La La La La

I took one for the team this time. I don't feel so bad about it, but I DO miss my boys. A lot.

This is how it went:

Monday

T: Did you confirm with the dog sitter?

K: Naw, I'll get right on that.

Tuesday

T: Have you heard from her?

K: NOOOOOO!

Wednesday

...And lo, there was rabid combing through Craigslist to find another dog sitter, preferably under $35 a night. And there was gnashing of the teeth, and a terrible dirty small kennel in Queens to which we would never, ever subject our beloved Maximillian.

And thus, Mother decided she should stay home and save us money and save our big dumb mutt from some undetermined fate involving kennel cough. And wrapped many gifts for small niece and nephew types.

So now, of course, I'm mighty bummed, but not so badly, either. Because I had many, many Christmases with Kiernan that Tim never got to see. And because I love them both more than anything, and I'm really glad that they're both able to see family that we all love and haven't seen for awhile.

I'm also glad because of the message Tim left on the phone earlier today, the message in which his mother shouted into the receiver, "When's the damn wedding, already?". I get to dodge that particular bullet, and leave it to my darling boyfriend. Ha. Family. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Especially when they're cute and ruddy and Irish and eight and thirty-four, respectively.

Merry Christmas Eve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home