Saturday, December 11, 2004

Mutual of Omaha Blog Special

Or, not.

Let me end my environmentalist bender by announcing the return of our little hawk friends, Pale Male & Lola.

They tried to rebuild, but the building had removed the pigeon spikes upon which the nest rested. They just kept pathetically circling the building, for days and days.

But now, hurray! The co-op board says they'll put a hawk-poop defense platform in place, and allow re-nesting. My faith in humanity - well, at least in the humanity of rich snooty bastard Upper East Siders - is restored. I guess a little bit of national negative press can do wonders. Rich asshats. Gah.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled blog:

I was the resignation letter fairy on Friday! With each badly printed (hey, my cartridge is going low - do these people deserve office quality? Noooo.) letter, chock full of referals to big pack-walking agencies who charge twice as much as me, that I distributed to each demanding, neurotic client, my heart felt a touch lighter and the wet rainy sogginess of the day mattered just a little bit less. It's great to resign, no matter how much you like your job. Isn't that always the way?

2 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Roxy Chanel McPink said...

Congrats! I'm hoping to enjoy a stint as the resignation letter fairy soon myself. It's gonna feel goooooooood, even though I like my job! What's up with that?

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

You broke my heart and raised my hopes. I was expecting Marlin to throw Jim Fowler to the wolves. Waah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home