Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Urbanimania

Ha! The whole Urbaniak family is totally reading my blog. Better start posting something good, eh?

Katie:

Hi, I'm James Urbaniak's wife. James just told me the story of coming across your blog. (FYI he came to your site while searching for reviews of the play he's in at Lincoln Center: turns out his name and the word "rivals" appeared on the same page of your blog.) He was amused by your post and in no way took offense, but for the life of him can't recall why he would have been near 77th and Lexington that day in October. He laughed out loud as I read your apology. None needed, he says, and hello to Linus. James will be appearing in a one-man play, "Thom Pain (Based on Nothing)" starting the end of January 2005 and running through April. Okay, I'm not promising the character is entirely non-creepy, but he's not without charm.

Best,
julie

P.S. I guess you missed his turn on L&O as the perv who set up hidden toilet cameras. My parents were proud...


I love the internets. Oh, and you should really make it to Lincoln Center to check out The Rivals, and after that, get your fine theater loving self to see Thom Pain at DR2. (Oh, and follow the link - there's a picture for those of you who have no clue whatsoever what I'm talking about. Just picture him in glasses. There you go. Now you, too, can recognize James Urbaniak, my new best friend. I'd go see the show, but I have a kid, and that makes me automatically broke. You all pick up my slack.)

8 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Solistella said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Solistella said...

Wow, now you have a Bacon number of 3.

Kevin Bacon was in Mystic River with Sean Penn.

Sean Penn was in Sweet and Lowdown with James Urbaniak.

James Urbaniak (and his wife) visited your website.

Source: Oracle of Bacon

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

I grovel in your general direction, Katie, inasmuch as my Bacon number is 4, based on an appearance of Van McCoy at my junior high school years and years ago.

Oracle of Bacon for Van McCoyThe Oracle says: Van McCoy has a Bacon number of 3.

Van McCoy was in Sextette (1978) with Regis Philbin
Regis Philbin was in Night and the City (1992) with Eli Wallach
Eli Wallach was in Mystic River (2003) with Kevin Bacon

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Well, actually, I have a Bacon Number of 2. I walked past Matt Dillon once ( no joke, but it was a block away from where I saw Urbaniak. Outside the Starbucks at 78th and Lex. The East 70s were my dog walking stomping grounds.)

The Oracle says: Matt Dillon has a Bacon number of 1.

Matt Dillon was in Wild Things (1998) with Kevin Bacon

Does this mean I'm even cooler than you think I am? No way, baby, impossible!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Solistella said...

Actually, that makes you REALLY cool because Kevin Bacon showed his dingie in that movie. Not that I would know. I just heard.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Eden said...

Gee, I thought I was special for personally being less than six degrees from Kevin Bacon :( ;)

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Audacity said...

I think I have a Bacon number of three... I don't know, does this count?

Kevin Bacon was in Footloose.

Sammy Hagar's song "The Girls Get Around" was on the Footloose soundtrack.

My Mom saw Sammy Hagar play in a band when she was in high school.

I'm her daughter.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger american cash advancee said...

Inspiring blog. I love finding blogs this good on
the internet, when I have the time. I'm going to go
back to it!
Look who checking out my cash advance chicago blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home